Friday, June 17, 2011

|asphalt|


this heat sinks
whirring and blurring
the lines between the sky and the sea
of asphalt that stretches to the edge of the earth
before us;
we wait in it,
wait and bake in it
and stare at the dancing white blocks
of sun-cracked paint that mark the way-
and we want for nothing,
save the promise of the horizon.


(day one hundred and forty-seven)

Happiness is remarkably contagious. Which reminds me-
There’s an item on my list that I’ve been thinking about the last few days: List 100 Things that Make Me Happy. It’s a gorgeous day, and a perfect time to start that list.


  1. Freshly brewed sun tea
  2. Bike rides with best friends.
  3.  Blues guitar riffs.
  4. Unnecessary drinks.
  5.  Unexpected phone calls.


Five a day seems fair, no?

There are a handful of people that I can’t get out of my thoughts today- some that I haven’t seen in ages, others that I’ve seen rather recently. I wish I could talk to them right now.



Viens avec moi?
xx

No comments:

Post a Comment