Sunday, June 12, 2011

|crave|


arms and hands
clutching at
the soft presence
of a pillow
in the dark;
wrapping themselves
tightly about it
in the absence
of the warmth
they crave.


(day one hundred and forty two)


Sometimes, the only thing you crave is a hole in the ground. Not in the melodramatic sense, craving death and an end because life proved too hard- rather, as a refuge. Cool and firm, it will shelter you from stress and anxiety; it waits, ready to swallow you whole and caress you until the end. All light, all sound, all manner of folly and trivial nonsense – gone. Just you in the dark, left to finally approach yourself as you always should have. Sometimes, it takes being buried to come alive.

Life has been a hurricane the last few weeks. I’m not sure I know up from down or left from right anymore.
People are coming, and I guess people are going.
That is how it works, though it doesn’t make me happy about it.
I know what I want, but I’m not sure what I am doing.
At least it’s progress, right?

Change is coming.
In large amounts.
 Viens avec moi?
xx

No comments:

Post a Comment