Monday, January 31, 2011

Day Eight?!?!

I don’t want to say
That I want this perfect day
To end
But that’s what I’m saying;
I don’t want to be
The one to turn and walk away
But
That’s what I’m doing.
And no,
You can’t change my mind,
Because girl
It’s long past time-
To move on and fly away
And find another way to say:
I loved you,
But it’s gone.


Sitting on the steps, with a glass of wine in one hand, and
a cigarette in the other, I was born back into clarity.
As my best friend put it, “the cobwebs are gone.”
There's no guarantee that it will last, and
I still didn’t catch the sunrise, and I still missed tea-time.
But I’m writing again. And I’m thinking clearly.
And progress is slow and hard won, is it not?

Let Me In releases tonight, and I’m geeking out. Quite possibly my favourite film of all time. And as much as I loathe Walmart, you can count on me being there in a few hours’ time with money in hand. What a sheeple I turned out to be.

One day I’ll have something of consequence to say.
Until then, it's just practice.

No comments:

Post a Comment