Monday, January 24, 2011

Day One


Awoke I, and lit into a waking dream
For but an arm’s length could I see
And heard a voice drifting light and sweet
To flutter down to me to meet
Spoke softly, I to it did say
I know not where doeth lie the way
A lilting brush upon my cheek
Quickly calmed my stomach, weak
And led me forward, the bracing mist
Wrapped me tight, and by the wrist
Do whispers lead and thoughts caress
With unambiguous finesse.


One thousand and one days. One hundred and one goals.

Am I a masochist? Maybe I am.

All I know is: by the time this is over, nothing will be the same.

And that’s the point. To experience things I wouldn’t otherwise. To jumpstart my life and chase my dreams.
So, Day One is almost over. And this is part of my list. To keep an online account of everything that I’m doing. A journal. A blog. I need practice, obviously, and what better way to get good at something than to just jump in and do it?
Well, here goes. 

Viens avec moi.

2 comments:

  1. I once read that we are never the same at the end of every day. We change, every day, even if just by a small amount. We never go to sleep exactly as we woke up. Even genetically, microscopically, we've changed. we've aged. Old cells have died, new cells have been created and born. Every day, we wake up and die, but are then recreated. Interesting thought, yes?

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a very powerful thought. I love it!

    If you happen to remember where you read that, I would so much love to read it. (:

    ReplyDelete