Sunday, February 20, 2011

I had this written much, much earlier....


(day twenty-eight)

I’m skipping days. Right and left, too. Bucketfuls of shame rain from the heavens upon me; but first, anyone have an umbrella I can borrow?

Okay. Let’s start on one of those 101 untouched goals.

One Hundred Things that Make Me Happy:
1.        
      1.   My Ipod. Portable, on-demand emotions in a stylish little package. I swim through music every day of my life, but there’s something to my ipod; ear buds trap you somewhere between the chorus and the bass line, and at 8 gigs, only my favourite albums of the moment are involved in the assault. It feels like coming home. And to think that jeans have had an ipod pocket all these years…

It’s more than just an accessory, and maybe that’s a bad thing. In a materialist society, those of us who stand up to speak out should in all likelihood toss something like this away immediately. Yeah. Right.

As for the day- I was up all day, which was nice, but it feels like a lot of wasted potential. I don’t think I was made for sitting still. In fact, I’m pretty sure that, contrary to my currently lazy habits, I wasn’t.

The moon doesn’t shine,
It smiles back.

-Viens avec moi.

No comments:

Post a Comment