Wednesday, February 9, 2011

[soy chai, please]


“Until one is committed, there is hesitancy, the chance to draw back, always ineffectiveness concerning all acts of initiative and creation. There is one elementary truth, the ignorance of which kills countless ideas and splendid plans: that the moment one definitely commits oneself, then providence moves too. All sorts of things occur to help one that would never otherwise have occurred. A whole stream of events issues from the decision, raising in one’s favor all manner of unforeseen incidents and meetings and material assistance which no man could have dreamed would have come his way. Whatever you can do or dream you can, begin it. Boldness has genius, power and magic in it. Begin it now.”
- Johann Wolfgang von Goethe


(day seventeen)

When a man (me) posts about tea time and the need for consistency in the simplest things, and then fails to establish said consistency immediately, he needs slapped. We’ll start the line here. *points at door*

That being said, I love this quote. For a brief moment, I begin to believe that I can do it. All of it. And then the hesitancy kicks in, which shows that I have yet to commit. I never really pegged myself for someone with a fear of commitment, but guess what: I’m wrong at least ninety percent of the time. So here’s the thing. I’m finding that I don’t exactly know how to commit.

Apparently Google can’t answer every question. I mean, "Excuse me, how do I commit suicide?" 

The place to turn when Google fails? (rather, the better option to begin with?)

Thinkexist.com

My question: “What the #^$& is wrong with me?”

The answer: ““We promise according to our hopes and perform according to our fears.” – Francois de la Rochefoucauld

Fear. Of failure, of subpar, of not making it.

-Hold up. I’m afraid that I won’t make it… and that will be the reason that I won’t? Awesome.

Or, would have been the reason.

Patch that leak, boy.

We’ve oceans to sail.

Viens avec moi?

{on posting: I’ll be damned if that isn’t what a [short] blog should look like.}



[soy chai, please]

i haven’t seen you for awhile, how have you been?
 you what? really? is that a good thing?
ah.
i understand that.
so what do you want to be when you grow up?
who does.
i think that
that’s the best part.

No comments:

Post a Comment