Thursday, February 3, 2011

Remember when we would write notes to each other from across the room,


promise
not to look away
because it’s more than
you can bear.
promise
to remember
the worst times
before the best times.
promise
to keep the harshest
most unforgiving moments
in the bottle I’ve given you to wear
so that i am not forgotten
as i am and remembered
as i have never been.
-Letters, iii

(day eleven)

I’m slowly adding things to my list, but not marking things off of it. I suppose the one must be done before the other, but nevertheless, it makes me feel hurried. It doesn’t help that my list is all but modest in its ambitions; if I don’t get a move on, I’ll be staring at an unchecked list in three years. Add to that the limbo of unemployment and waiting on a solution to the ever present vehicle issue…. 

But these thoughts are for the shelf, because tonight I’m headed to Les Bois. Time for a night out with some of my best friends.

Tomorrow, if I’m conscious before 5 p.m., I will attempt something new with this blogging thing; I think that I should write as I wake in the morning, as well as in the evening. Perhaps that will help keep me honest in my daily endeavors? Only one way to know.

Until then, my friend
.

No comments:

Post a Comment