Wednesday, August 3, 2011

August 3rd, 2011


[\\obey]
[command:\\conform\]




(day one hundred and ninety-four)

Word of the Day: tolerance
a fair, objective, and permissive attitude toward those whose opinions, practices, race, religion, nationality, etc., differ from one's own; freedom from bigotry.


A little bluesy this morning. That’s just where I’m at.

It’s just not a complete morning unless I’ve had at least one nasty/condescending thing said to me or about me. I’ll give it credence when it’s on the mark, but talk as they will, it seems that’s the one thing that they can’t do- hit the mark. Warning: Soapbox incoming. Stop reading here.

I’m losing a lot of respect, for a lot of people. There is great poetic truth and a grand goal in the Peter Pan mentality of ‘I don’t want to grow up,’ but it is obviously easy to misinterpret. It’s not a matter of holding on to the childhood mindset (fear of authority, acceptance of anything and everything presented by authority, invisible friends, etc.) but striving to maintain [reasonable] hope, living your dreams and never saying die. The difference between a boy and a man is not a matter of being “grown up”; that’s the difference between a ‘living’ and a ‘dead’ man/boy. The difference between a man and a boy is the willingness to entertain things outside of your own scope. [This does not mean necessarily altering your beliefs or opinions, but being open to.]

The bigger man will always advocate for equality in gender, race and sexuality, and never advocate for violence. Fear and hatred are the baggage of those who wish and pray that they might be a human of merit, instead of becoming one. [The use of man here would normally be replaced with human, but this is spoken directly to those of the manvswoman persuasion.]

>>Resume here. For those of you still with me…

Now that my morning has been entirely derailed (and I’ll admit readily to that being my fault), I’m unsure where to go from here. I’m now creatively dead for the day. I really played into that one, didn't I? [expletive]

That’s it. Really. All I’ve got today.

-

No comments:

Post a Comment