Tuesday, August 2, 2011

|Oh, I'm staring.|


We gawk at each other.
Maybe because that’s all that we’ve
ever really known how to do.
Maybe because it feels
more natural than forcing
a conversation that
is pre-destined to drown
seventeen words in.
Maybe, even, because
what we really want
is a place to call home,
and these blank, empty stares
have room enough to
kick off our shoes
and fall asleep,
and isn’t that what home is?
Whatever it is, I’m not blinking.


(day one hundred and ninety-three)

Word of the Day: nudiustertian
-The day before yesterday.

This song came on earlier, as I was writing away the morning. It’s immediately fantastic, slightly reminiscent of the Sex Pistols, and altogether worth a few dozen plays. Yes. I have. Yes. All this morning. No. Not ashamed at all. My present to you. Enjoy having it stuck in your head for the next week.

I don’t have a wish list item today, so I’ll include my other guilty pleasure this morning. I’ve always loved the original version of this song, so hate me if you must, but this cover/mix is absurd. Absurd in the best of ways. If you don’t like this song, then I don’t think we would ever get along.

One of the hardest things in the world has got to be attempting to be spontaneously funny. That’s my homework for this week, basically. Prepare a ‘skit,’ for video, roughly three minutes, make it funny, light-hearted, etc. I’m still sitting here, having received the instruction yesterday, going, “Uh….” Can I get an example? Could you be more vague? Please? One of the many things kicking around my head today. I have today and tomorrow to nail it. If you happen to have an idea or an approach I could try, I will love you forever.

I realize that the post today is 95 parts music, but I have a reason. Music is my medicine. And I’ve been feeling remarkably out of it lately. Besides, this mix is mad good. And who doesn’t need more dubstep in their life? That’s what I thought.

I was actually on time, earlier. I got my first draft of a script finished, got a good workout in, made some musical progress; all was well. And then I had to remedy a mess and navigate a few different, but equally intense, ideas. Now I’m two hours behind again. Not cool, even remotely. Two hours behind and incredibly aggravated. More dubstep. >>>>O<<<< That’s the black hole of dubstep, right there. Blue, once it’s hyperlinked.

What am I doing with the afternoon? Maybe some thrifting, maybe some writing, definitely some brainstorming on the junk I have to get figured out by Thursday… Maybe I’ll break my diet and have a beer. All I know is this: today had best straighten its shit out, or we’re going to have some serious issues. *grin*

I just broke my cardinal blogging rule. Awesome. That kind of day. If I don’t talk to you tonight, you know why. Ciao.


xx


No comments:

Post a Comment