Saturday, August 6, 2011

|prelude to an awkward sunday|


The sun shines,
The grass grows,
The rain falls,
And time flows;
All without prompting,
All without guide,
All without needing
Exterior drive.
Let us look then to them,
Let us individually strive
To allow ourselves the motion and movement
That within us, resides.


(day one hundred and ninety-seven)

There is never a need for a break when you love what you do. Tired and worn out don’t factor in.

Word of the Day: variegated
-Various, varied, diverse.

Today, we’re listening to dubstep. Again. It doesn’t get old. Ever. On tap this afternoon: Vaski’s brilliant remix of a song that had little, if any, weight as an original. With some great synth work and enough layering to keep you looking over your shoulder every five seconds, this track plays hard.

I’ve been looking at tuxedos, lately. I don’t exactly have a specific reason, but I also don’t exactly feel as though I need one. I just found one online today that looks fantastic. Jean Yves, 2-button Parisian notch. It’s the epitome of male sex-appeal. That’s my wish list item for the day.

Speaking of tuxedos: the day I get married, I had best not be on facebook. I mean, is it really so important to maintain your ‘social networking’ prowess on the first day of the rest of your life? It may be a warning light if you are posting status updates at that point- if your sole thought is not for the person you are marrying, I’m sorry to break it to you, but you probably shouldn’t be marrying them.


I’ve been in a weird place the last few days. I’m ready to shrug it off and move on, but it’s kind of sticking. I’m thinking a glass of Rhine and a smoke ought to clear it up, at least for the afternoon. I’m running off-skew today. Missed yesterday entirely. I’m just a mess, aren’t I? Tomorrow I’ll catch it all in stride again.

I’ve got a lot in the holding pen, but it remains to be seen what will be bursting through the gate first.

Viens avec moi?
xx

No comments:

Post a Comment