Monday, August 1, 2011

|steam&smoke|


I’ve got coffee and tobacco
and a wine glass half full;
why would I need you?
The kettle’s screaming,
calling for attention-
and somehow I cannot
tear my thoughts
off of you.



(day one hundred and ninety-two)

Word of the Day: toska
-as defined by Vladimir Nabokov

Today we’re going back in time on my musical timeline; not incredibly far- just two and a half years. I met Frank Turner at the Flying MCoffee Garage in the earliest months of 2009 – I was inspired. His songs, his sound and his words all matched my life at that very moment. For six months I listened to almost nothing other than the two albums I bought at his show. This song released with the album Frank put out that September, and while I don’t listen to it oft anymore, I got some severe mileage out of that album as well.

The one thing I wish I had today? A Camelbak. There is nothing quite the flavour of disappointing that is embarking on what ought to be a long bike ride and only getting ten minutes out before you realize that there isn’t a drop of water left in your body. This Grass-in-a-Glass diet is rather dehydrating.

Red flag moment: if the “professional” contact you are emailing only answers one out of five questions in the first email, two of the seven you asked in response, and then three of the four that you asked in follow-up – remember: they’re only six out of sixteen. That sound, you ask? Me walking away. If you are serious about your work, you’ll answer my goddamned questions.
[I’m reading that, and I sound remarkably angry. Not the case- I can’t get this stupid grin off of my face.]


I’m spending the afternoon with my grandmother, so the only kind of work that I can insert into my newly labeled “Independent Study” (which happens to be the time slot that occupies the latter half of my day, and is supposed to be a personal project of sorts, not previously addressed during the day) is to brainstorm. Luckily, I have a lot to brainstorm for. A shoot on Thursday that I’ve no idea what I’m going to do for, a video audition that needs scripted and prepped and fortunately has no deadline (and will probably occupy much of my IS over the next couple of weeks), musical projects that seem to have been placed consistently on the back-burner (though to what, I’m unsure), and five million writing projects, most of which I’ve still yet to begin.

I’ve been running behind all morning. I woke up an hour late, and facebook quickly placed me behind another half hour, another hour, and now a solid two and half behind. Moral: facebook is the devil.

Still looking for clothes to wear this week- still looking for things to add to my List- still looking for her- still looking for myself.


Viens avec moi?
xx

No comments:

Post a Comment