Sunday, July 31, 2011

|a summer storm|


The sky swells.
We wait beneath its greying underbelly
and hold our breath so that our next
can be taken in time with the earth’s;
we aren’t looking at each other,
haven’t since the sky turned over,
but I can feel you, and I think
that I know that you feel me.
Eyes upturned, fingers interlaced,
we stare at nothing and we wait.


(day one hundred and ninety-one)

Word of the Day: griffonage
-Illegible or sloppy handwriting.

I’ve been playing this song non-stop for the last few days. I can’t recall how I came across it, but I’d never heard it before, and it’s pretty damned catchy. Grace Potter and the Nocturnals, for your listening pleasure.

I perused the Calvin Klein site today. One of the few lines that I can always find something I like/want. I mean, aside from underwear. Who doesn’t want to wear Calvins? They have an interesting fall line on preview- how I’d love to have the money to wear them by fall. Here’s hoping. Also, if you get the chance, check out the preview for Converse’s first stand alone line: Black Canvas. It’s pretty intriguing, in a fashion sense.

I’m becoming slightly irritated with some of the people in my life. By some, I mean quite a few. I guess I figure that my taking the time to reach out in communication to them ought to net a result at least once in a while, but maybe that’s expecting too much. Whether it is or it isn’t, I’m beginning to lose the bits and pieces inside that care. I’ve got too much to do, too many places to be, and too many new people to meet to continue wasting the one commodity that you cannot buy, steal, or find. My time and attention are rapidly becoming commodities of their own; those of you that I spend them on/with, know that you mean something to me.


I managed to get both my computer and my facebook cleaned up this afternoon. It took hours, but I’m finally organized. I also set up a tight morning schedule that I get to inaugurate tomorrow – with any luck, it will quadruple my productivity. The next week is going to be a bit of a rough ride, to be sure. I’m going to focus on both my minor list (the written one in front of me) as well as my major list (the 101 in 1001 in the column to the right).

Allow me to call for assistance – I’m looking to borrow some severely classy dress clothes over the next few weeks; do you have any, or know anyone who does, that I could borrow briefly? They will be well taken care of. I appreciate it.

That’s it for tonight. Goodnight, world.

Viens avec moi?
xx

No comments:

Post a Comment