Tuesday, July 19, 2011

| ... and we shall find it amidst the starred sky! |


Happiness is
laying, wrapped tightly
around a lover, staring
at the stars and
planning a momentarily
certain future.


(day one hundred and seventy-nine)

“Take care of the luxuries and the necessities will take care of themselves.” –Dorothy Parker
I cannot say that I quite agree, but I’ve long lived the life of “necessity, necessity, necessity…” and it leaves a rather bitter taste in one’s mouth. Perhaps there is truth to Parker’s satire?

There is so much that calls for doing, so many things that request my attention, and yet somehow, these last few days, I find myself in a removed state of being- the kind of state where you aren’t entirely sure if you are at all. I’m drowning in the metaphorical thought stuff and the literal uncertainties that circumstance continues to bequest me.

And you, my dear reader, are subject to the nonsensical ramblings that are “necessitated” by this place I awake to find myself in. The important thing, I think, is that I have woken to it. Now I may begin to extract myself from it, and while I am sure it shall be a delicate, time-consuming process, I hope with every fiber of my being that it may happen as cleanly and quickly as manageable.

Re-reading that, I’m not sure that it makes any sense; I’m not even sure that I meant for it to make sense. Today’s character leaves me with little desire to re-visit, though, so it will have to do. [at this point I wonder if I’m not just playing with words, as though they are my sandbox]


Adieu,
xx

No comments:

Post a Comment