Monday, July 25, 2011

| wait... is that the sun? |


Softly swept across her face, the wind
left kisses in her hair and along her cheek
as her fingertips rushed to brush them away
before she could remember that it had ever been
anything more than a transitory day-dream.



(day one hundred and eighty-five)
  
There is something about dubstep that hits a certain primal note in the human psyche- if you need proof, see any dub track that features sampling of female gasps/moans- dubstep is one hundred and thirteen percent aural sex, sometimes fast and hard, sometimes slow and soothing, but always charged in that unmistakable way.

I have a massive list for the next two days- all of the domestic activities that I haven’t been keeping up with, a lot of connections with a lot of different people, figuring out a rather convoluted website, a couple best friends, and some serious writing. If I can fit any quality time with my Elsie in there, it’ll be both a miracle and a red flag: there’s something on the list that I’m not doing.

I’m not sure how of you there are, but I’ll throw this out there: I have another shoot on Thursday, and I’m needing clothes to wear- if you happen to have any that you wouldn’t mind me borrowing for a few days, I’d be eternally grateful! Men’s M/L up top, 34/34 below, 12/13 shoe. I wish I could start some sort of online wish-list for these kinds of things. Wait. Maybe I should. I’ll add it to the list.

This is looking more and more like a legitimate blog, isn’t it? Hmmm… Odd. At any rate, time for another installment of

Five Things that Make Me Happy:

1.      -Artsy coffee mugs, full of coffee of course.
2.      -Plug-and-play mice.
3.      -Cloudless nights.
4.      -Guitar picks (almost exclusively used as a fix for my oral fixation).
5.      -Writing (when I actually do it, haha).


Also, because I have awesome book nerds for friends (you know who you are), I’ve been working my way steadily through Richard Dawkin’s The God Delusion. This one is coming heavily recommended, regardless of your stance on the subject; if nothing else, it allows for great insight into the atheist mind. Check it out.

One more thing to check out: Kevin McCain Studios. A great impressionist, and a personal friend. The man does some fantastic work, so take a look, follow him, etc. This is the kind of stuff you want to hang over your kitchen table.

I’ll talk to you sooner than later, I’m sure.


Viens avec moi?
xx

1 comment:

  1. I know of a way to cross 4 things off of your list: Come visit me.

    12. Learn French
    18. Climb a tree
    22. Kiss in the rain (if it rains)
    51. Harry Potter
    60. Take someone swing dancing (we have swing dancing every Friday night at school)
    80. Learn a martial art (we also have an MMA club at school. all the guys are trained)

    ReplyDelete